Sunday, January 20, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: Probable Claws

Probable Claws
by Rita Mae Brown and Sneaky Pie Brown

Reading books in the Mrs. Murphy series is always fun. They really are a great visit with good friends. I could definitely host Mrs. Murphy, Pewter, and Tee Tucker (and their people) any time. I am sure it would be a rollicking good time!

This installment in the series was a new, contemporary mystery, but a continuation of the historical story that began in Tail Gait. I enjoyed the new contemporary mystery, but I find myself wishing there were more of the historical story, as I am more intrigued by it and where the author is taking that story, and how it will reconnect with the contemporary characters and setting.

The mystery was not too complicated, I had it mostly figured out well before Harry, but it was still fun to read along as Harry arrived at the solution. The animals doing their part, is, as always, the draw of the Mrs. Murphy series.

If you are familiar with Mrs. Murphy and her friends you will already have this on your To-Be-Read pile. If you are new to Mrs. Murphy mysteries, I suggest you either start with the first in the series, Wish You Were Here, and read through to catch up; or if you want to get to the end quicker, start with Tail Gait. Beginning before Tail Gait could leave you confused as to the historical story, and will spoil some parts of that story. I hope you enjoy, or will come to, visits with Mrs. Murphy as much as I do.

One Bear's Opinion:  Five steaming mugs of premium hot cocoa with rich whipped cream and a plate of marshmallows

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment