Tuesday, January 29, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: The Math Inspectors #1

The Math Inspectors #1: The Case of the Claymore Diamond
by Daniel Kenney & Emily Boever

Okay, this was a Kindle freebie, and the editing showed that it was. I didn't get notice there was an updated version of the book until after I had read it, so I do not know if the errors I picked out were corrected.

Bad part out of the way, let's move on to the fun bits, because this was a fun book to read. The premise is a group of children from a detective agency, but use math to figure out the mysteries. And the reader cam play along with the kids. The word problems are there and all the reader has to do is figure them out.

I really enjoyed the characters. I enjoyed the math aspect and the mystery was clever, though I figured it out well before the kids or adults in the book. On the whole it seems to be the beginning of a fun series. I will have to check out the rest of the series, even if they are not free!

Just in case you're worried about the math, there were no daunting word problems and the characters walk the readers through working them out, so you will not be stumped for long.

One Bear's Opinion:  Four Mondo Milkshakes and a giant chocolate cupcake

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment