Sunday, June 23, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan

The Jewel Robbery at the Grand Metropolitan
by Agatha Christie

Hercule Poirot is on holiday, but as usual it turns into a working holiday when there is a robbery he is asked to assist in solving.

I had seen the David Suchet adaptation of this story before I had read it, which means I knew the plot of the short story, and whodunnit as soon as I read the set up. This was one of the rare ones in which the adaptation was better than the original, in my opinion. But maybe because with short stories, I always want there to be more, I want a longer visit with my friends, and the television adaptations can flush out the visit a bit longer and make it feel more satisfying.

This short story was a quick, fun read, even knowing what was going to happen. Visits with Poirot and Hastings are always fun. I'd definitely like to have tea and a chat with Poirot, if not a whole dinner's worth of conversation.

It's definitely worth keeping a few short stories on your Kindle or App for reading when you're out & about and there are few better than Poirot for taking your mind off the dental appointment you're about to have or the inane breakfast show television in the hospital waiting room.

One Bear's Opinion: Four cups of tisane, with a tray of sweets

Happy Reading Everyone,
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment