Sunday, January 12, 2020

One Bear's Opinion: Final Sentence

Final Sentence
by Daryl Wood Gerber

I hate to be negative in my reviews and I do question the value of negative reviews for other readers over hurting the author's feelings. But the truth is this book was just not very enjoyable for me. It was an interesting enough mystery, lots of twists and turns and false starts/leads. There was too much unnecessary name- and title-dropping for my pleasure. The biggest problem though was that I couldn't generate any real feelings for the characters through much of the book, then about ¾ of the way in, it got to the point where I really just didn't care what happened to them. In all honesty, I read to the end only to see if my guess was correct about the killer (it wasn't). I like to support authors as much as possible, but this series is just not for me.

One Bear's Opinion: Two cups of coffee made this morning and left on the desk all day because you got distracted, and a couple of store-brand cookies, slightly stale from sitting out.

Happy Reading Everyone,
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment