Monday, January 27, 2020

One Bear's Opinion: In Peppermint Peril

In Peppermint Peril
by Joy Avon

This is the first book in a new-to-me series. It had been on my wish list for a while since a friend mentioned reading it. I finally got it and I read it in 2 days!

In Peppermint Peril was an engaging, clever mystery with friendly, likable characters. It was fairly light and fluffy, but I read books like this one because they are light and fluffy. Books read for entertainment do not necessarily have to be serious and scholarly tomes. Sometimes it's great to have some "escapist fluff."

I liked the characters, though Daisy did get on my nerves a bit. Well, let me rephrase that, Daisy's owner got on my nerves a bit with constantly taking the dog everywhere. The dog was more like a purse rather than a living creature. I like Callie and Daisy, but sometimes Daisy should stay in the house, unless she is going to be a part of the mystery the way Mrs. Murphy, Pewter, & Tee Tucker are, it's perfectly all right, and preferable, to leave her at home sometimes.

On the whole In Peppermint Peril was a fun, quick read. And I enjoyed it so much I bought the next-in-series as soon as I finished reading the first one.

One Bear's Opinion:  Four cups of Lady Grey tea and a plate of shortbread while reading a Brother Cadfael mystery

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment