Saturday, October 6, 2012

Autumnal Thoughts

It's the weekend here at my house. Some weekends are busy and frenetic with goings here and there and things to do. This weekend is not one of those. I'm glad too. This is the weekend when we Spring Forward into Daylight Savings Time. I always feel a bit fuzzy when we lose or gain time, but the short says are the worst. I am sure I am cheated out of sleep for a week or more until I get used to the new time.

I'm still getting used to the time here. The calendar says it's October and to my mind that means autumn and all things fall-ish. In my head I see October and expect pumpkin-spice everything to pop up at stores and cafes, high school football reports on the Friday night news, and Saturdays to be full of would-be college quarterbacks wandering around getting game-day snacks ready. None of those things are associated with Daylight Savings Time. It's hard to get my head around the trees leafing out and the birds engaging in courting rituals in October. It's harder still to contemplate Saving Daylight in November! It's just wrong somehow.

But anyway, it's a lazy weekend around here and I intend to laze with the best of them. I have a new book to check out and I think I may lose myself in it.

Happy October Everyone.
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment