Wednesday, February 10, 2021

One Bear's Opinion: My Life in France

My Life in France by Julia Child and Alex Prud'homme

I grew up watching Julia Child cooking on tv, but never actually knew more than that about her. This was an interesting book, fun to read and full of little bits of things to learn about Julia Child's life. I was a bit disappointed that there was not much mention of her life in the OSS, but the War was over before she lived in France, so I can understand why it was not mentioned.

The story behind Mastering the Art of French Cooking made me want to get a copy, but then I wondered if I would be owning it own the book or owning it to actively use it. More thought is needed before I invest in any of Julia Child's books. But I can highly recommend My Life in France. It's one of those really nice books that is sectioned nicely for dipping in and out, like at restaurants where waiters will come by and bring food, or in waiting rooms where you may be called to the back at any moment.

One Bear's Opinion: Four glasses of French Wine with a hearty dinner of Boeuf Bourguignon shared with good friends

Happy Reading Everyone,

Oliver


No comments:

Post a Comment