Sunday, June 23, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: The Corpse at the Crystal Palace

The Corpse at the Crystal Palace
by Carola Dunn

It's time for an adventure with Daisy Dalrymple Fletcher. And it was a great fun adventure!

Daisy took her family and friends out for a day at the Crystal Palace in London. And knowing Daisy, only one thing can result from that:  murder. This time it was an attack on Daisy's twins' nanny and the murder of another nanny (or was it?) and Daisy's step-daughter Belinda was caught up in the action, too.
 
All your favorite friends from Daisy's world were there, and some new ones. It was an intriguing murder, and the solution was ingenious. But there was a long, round about investigation to get to the conclusion, with many, many red herrings and many, many false starts. In short, it was a Daisy kind of investigation.

It would have been more fun if Belinda and the boys had more of a role, and maybe have less of a role for some new characters, who I hope hang around as friends. I hope that there will be more Daisy adventures, especially after this one took a long time to come out (or so it seemed to me). And I think there are some plot points that I'd like to know about. I'm hopeful the author will wrap those stories up in the next adventure; I do so hate to be left with questions. But mainly I just want more adventures with my friends.

One Bear's Opinion: Four Cups of Strong Russian Tea, and some snacks while checking out the Monsters at the Crystal Palace Gardens

Happy Reading Everyone,
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment