Sunday, June 23, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: Sleeping Dogs Don't Lie

Sleeping Dogs Don't Lie
by Chloe Grace

I did not like this book.

Let me repeat, I did not like this book.

I realize it was a short story to fill in the back-story for the characters in a new series, and in that, it did fairly well. But I did not like the story. And the way this short story finished, I have no real desire to seek out the new series, despite liking the main character.

On paper, this book had everything going for it for me to like it: a lovable canine detective character with an owner who loved him, a set up for a murder, and a good number of suspects. And then, the story took a turn and I did not like it. All the good things that drew me in were wasted or not used to the best of their ability to advance the story. And in the end, I did not care one bit what happened to any of the characters with the exception of the dog.

The set up for the first-in-series book was not intriguing enough and I just don't care. For that I'm sorry, because I wanted to like this series. I wanted to find a new series with friendly animal characters. But alas, for me, this is not the series.

One Bear's Opinion: Two Glasses of Lukewarm Water and a couple of bland, boring, mass-produced, generic cookies

Happy Reading Everyone,
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment