Saturday, April 6, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: Just Desserts

Just Desserts
by G.A. McKevett

I have been picking up and putting this book back on the shelf for years at the bookstore. I finally got a copy for my Kindle when it was on sale for $1.00. I am now sorry I didn't buy it all those years ago. Savannah is a great character and I have a feeling she will become a good friend.

Interestingly, this is the fourth book titled Just Desserts I have read, and only one was a cookbook! It's a popular title, so let me make sure you know, this is a review of the first book in G.A. McKevett's Savannah Reid mystery series.

I was a bit worried as the book started darker than I thought it would, and it took a while to reveal itself as a cozy mystery. But sticking with it proved to be well worth it. Savannah and her friends are a fun group and I am looking forward to getting to know them better as I work through the series.

The mystery was complicated enough to keep the reader guessing but not so complicated as to put the reader off. There were a couple of subplots, and one of them I thought wrapped up quickly, but sometimes I find that with books that have multiple sub-plots.

Overall it was a solid first-in-series and I am really glad that I finally went ahead and not only bought this Just Desserts, but read it too.

One Bear's Opinion: Four Cups of Coffee with a big slice of Black Forest Cake.

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment