Monday, April 29, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: The Market Basing Mystery

The Market Basing Mystery
by Agatha Christie

It's time for another visit with Hercule Poirot. I read The Market Basing Mystery as a palate cleanser between finishing Hotspur and beginning Wakestone Hall. 

It was a fun mystery, quickly solved by Poirot and then related to the reader. As with all short stories featuring favorite characters, I felt it was too short a visit. But that was not the fault of the short story, more of this reader's desire to prolong visits with old friends.

The Market Basing Mystery is a locked-room mystery, which are always fun for the reader to try and figure out. I had a guess, but I did not need Poirot to explain it to me. But getting to the end was fun, if too quick.

One Bear's Opinion: Four Cups of tisane with a plate of fancy chocolates

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment