Wednesday, April 10, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: X Marks the Scot

X Marks the Scot
by Kaitlyn Dunnett

It's time for another fun visit with Liss MacCrimmon Ruskin and her friends/family. I usually enjoy my visits in Moosetookalook. This one was especially fun because it involved a trip to Nova Scotia, one of my favorite places in the world to visit.

The mystery itself was fairly easy to figure it out. I have the basics pegged pretty early, even before there was a murder! But it was still a fun read and fun to find out I was correct from the beginning with my guess, though I do admit that my guess for the motive was wrong.

I do wish Liss spent more time working, but that is a problem with many amateur-sleuth mysteries. Also, the small-town setting lends itself to the newcomer being either the murderer or the victim, so in those ways the series can become quite formulaic, but it's still great fun to spend time with Liss.

Overall it was a fun, quick read. If you've never read one of the Moosetookaloook mysteries, they are great for escapism reading, nothing too heavy and nothing too complicated as far as the plots; just fun reads with friendly characters.

One Bear's Opinion:  Four cups of Scottish Breakfast Tea and a plate of shortbread from an old family recipe

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment