Thursday, May 30, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
by J.K. Rowling

Okay, okay, I know I should have read this years ago, when the series first came out or anytime between now and then, but I just didn't think I would enjoy the series. Fantasy, wizards, magic, and dragons have never been my thing, so the book was really not appealing to me. And I have a thing against reading THE books everyone is reading when they are reading them. I avoid best-sellers like the plague. Nothing puts me off a book faster than everyone talking about it.

So, I LOVED IT!

I was given my copy by someone who said I am the best example of a Hufflepuff he knew and because I love the person who gave the book to me, I had to read it. Interestingly, other members of my household had never read it either, so we decided to read it aloud as part of our weekly story-time. We only read a chapter a week, so it took far longer to read than it would had we been reading it on our own, but I'm kind of glad we shared discovering the book on our own.

I had managed to avoid spoilers about the series, so it was really exciting to read the book and find out everything on my own. It was hard, because so many of our friends are fans and fans enjoy sharing with others.

I don't have any other books in the series yet, but when I get them, we will read them. Harry Potter is as much fun as I had heard. Sometimes the hype is true. I'm glad I finally read the book, but I am not glad I waited until I was ready to read it.

One Bear's Opinion: Five Cups of Tea in the common room and a plate of Chocolate Frogs for sharing

Happy Reading Everyone,
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment