Friday, May 17, 2019

Review of 2019 Eurovision Semi-Final No. 2

It's 2019 Eurovision Semi-Final No. 2 tonight. We have been able to avoid all spoilers so we do not know anything about tonight's competitors. I prefer it that way.

(I noticed yesterday when viewing the post on a phone that my flags don't come through on the phone, so tonight I'll mention how many flags I have awarded to each as well as using the flag emojis.)

Ahh, Madonna is going to be at the Final. That's interesting.

Armenia
Srbuk
Walking Out
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฒ (3/5)
I don't like the red lighting. Not a favorite.

Ireland
Sarah McTernan
22
๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช (4/5)
It's fun and bouncy. I'll keep it in reserve. I wonder if the milkshakes are real or just props. They look pretty yummy.

Moldova
Anna Odobescu
Stay
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฉ (4/5)
The sand art is really nice, can I vote for the sand artist? It was not bad, but I don't think it's going to win.

Switzerland
Luca Hรคnni
She Got Me
๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ (3/5)
I would like it better without the red lighting.

Latvia
Carousel
That Night
๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป (5/5)
I really like this one; first favorite of the night.

Romania
Ester Peony
On a Sunday
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด (4/5)
I was hoping for a peppier song based on the title.

Denmark
Leonora
Love Is Forever
๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ฐ (5/5)
It's fun, peppy and bouncy. I like it.

Sweden
John Lundvik
Too Late For Love
๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ช (5/5)
I like this one.

Austria
Pร†NDA
Limits
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น (3/5)
It's not bad, but it's not really a favorite.

Croatia
Roko
The Dream
๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡ท (3/5)
Nothing special.

Malta
Michela
Chameleon
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡น (5/5)
It's a bouncy and happy sounding song, with fun bright staging. On the favorite list.

Lithuania
Jurij Veklenko
Run With The Lions
๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น (5/5)
I'm surprised but I really like this one.

Russia
Sergey Lazarev
Scream
๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡บ (3/5)
I don't really like it.

Albania
Jonida Maliqi
Ktheju tokรซs
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฑ (4/5)
Points for the non-English language, but I don't see this as a winner.

Norway
KEiiNO
Spirit in the Sky
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ด (5/5)
More fun than I thought it was going to be.

The Netherlands
Duncan Laurence
Arcade
๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ (4/5)
It's definitely a pop radio song.

North Macedonia
Tamara Todevska
Proud
๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฐ๐Ÿ‡ฒ๐Ÿ‡ฐ (3/5)
It's a nice message, but not a favorite song.

Azerbaijan
Chingiz
Truth
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡ฟ (4/5)
The robotic arms are cool. Not bad, but not a favorite either.

Congratulations to all the competitors at this year's Eurovision Song Contest. Good Luck to everyone who has moved on to the Final.

My Top Ten:
1. Denmark
2. Latvia
3. Norway
4. Lithuania
5. Sweden
6. Malta
7. The Netherlands
8. Ireland
9. Romania
10. Moldova

Thanks for joining me tonight.
See you on Sunday for the Final.
Tigger

No comments:

Post a Comment