Thursday, May 30, 2019

One Bear's Opinion on: The Cornish Mystery

The Cornish Mystery
by Agatha Christie

This was a quick read in between other books. I enjoy reading the Hercule Poirot short stories as individual books rather than in a larger volume. I always feel reading a collection in a book means I should read the whole book, rather than dipping in and out. Individual books mean I don't have to feel conflicted about not finishing the book.

All while I was reading this story, I had a feeling I had read this before, but I knew I had not. I may have seen it with David Suchet as Poirot, but the feeling was not of this exact story, more just the plot. That is one of the hazards of coming to discovery Christie after having read a good number of other mysteries, the plots are reused and re-worked. As a result when I finally read the original, it feels like it is a copy of so many other things.

It was an interesting story and I always enjoy visits with Hercule Poirot. As I said, I have a feeling about having read this plot before so I knew the solution going in. It was a fun read though, and a great way to end a night before drifting off to dreamland.

One Bear's Opinion: Four Cups of Tea at a lingering Cornish Cream Tea (Jam First!)

Happy Reading Everyone, 
Oliver

No comments:

Post a Comment